Friday, October 7, 2011

An Introduction

I have started this blog to catalog answers to science questions posed by 5th grade students. I am currently a NSF GK-12 fellow, serving at North Lincoln Hill Elementary School. The 5th-grade students that I teach are always asking me fascinating questions- better questions, sometimes, than adults ask.

My first assignment is to answer a large number of questions that the students wrote about honeybees. I brought an observation beehive into the classroom on my first teaching day and the students were really buzzing with questions. I had them write them all down and collected them, promising a response. The students have since learned quite a bit about bees, reading two different articles and making content diagrams. But since I promised, and since I need the practice, and since I don't think all of their questions were covered, I'm going to try to answer all of them anyway! Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment